The deer heart is an often overlooked nutrient-rich muscle meat of the deer that can be cooked in various ways.
The best way to cook deer heart is totally up to you the one who’ll be eating it. You can use the deer heart itself as it is, or you can dress it up by adding a mix of spices, flour, and then pan fry it. Either way, it tastes great. Deer hearts are actually the same size as beef hearts (well, maybe not as large). Deer heart is much more tender than beef hearts and tastier.
We love hearing your feedback! If you think this is the best deer heart recipe, let us know below.
Fried Deer Heart
- 1 ea deer heart per person
- 6 tb flour
- 8 tb cracker crumbs
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 tb bacon fat or oil
- 1 salt & pepper to taste
- Slice deer heart thin, add salt and pepper.
- Roll in flour, dip in milk, and roll in cracker crumbs
- Add to hot frying pan and cook throughly on both sides to golden brown.
- Eat now and Enjoy!
Alternative Cooking Methods:
- You can opt to add broth and simmer your deer heart for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain and serve the cooked deer heart hot.
- The Deer Hearts can be washed and marinaded if so desired.
Cooking Equipment Used in The Creation of This Fried Deer Heart Recipe