Wild Game Recipe: Hoosier State Deer Jerky
8 to 10 lb. deer steaks
2 T. onion powder (heaping)
1 lg. bottle soy sauce
1 T. garlic powder
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. mustard powder
2 T. hickory-smoked salt (heaping)
- Cut deer steaks into long, thin strips.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a marinating dish.
- Add the strips of deer steak and refrigerate overnight, turning the dish at intervals.
- Remove deer strips from marinade and place directly onto the oven rack.
- Put aluminum foil on the bottom of the oven to catch drippings.
- Bake at 150 degrees for 4 to 6 hours with the oven door cracked.
- Bake 4 hours for moist jerky and 6 hours for dry jerky.