Wild Game Recipe: Northwoods Deer Jerky
3 to 4 lb. meat
4 T. onion salt
1 1/3 tsp. black pepper
1 1/3 tsp. garlic salt
½ tsp. Italian seasoning
1 c. Worcestershire sauce
1 c. soy sauce
1 tsp. liquid smoke
- Cut deer meat ¼” thick or less, cutting with the grain.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Place deer meat in a glass or ceramic dish, layering it crisscrossed.
- Pour marinade over the deer meat.
- Let stand 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove from refrigerator.
- Place foil on the bottom rack of the oven as far down as possible, to catch drippings.
- Insert toothpicks in one end of the meat strips and hang from the oven rack at the top of the oven.
- Bake at 150 degrees for 4 hours, or until dried to taste. After drying, turn off the oven and let the deer meat hang until the oven is cold.
- During drying time and cool down, leave the oven door open at least 1”, but not much more.
Learn More About Items Used For This Recipe by Clicking Images