These Elk Burgers have become our new ultimate wild game comfort food.
They are easy to prepare and cook – making them a great wild game meal the entire family will enjoy eating. The wild game burgers are the perfect grab and go food for your next backyard grill out.
1 lb Ground Elk with beef fat
¼ cup Beef fat
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Seasoning salt
½ tsp Garlic powder
½ tsp Course Ground Black Pepper
4 Hamburger Buns
Optional Burger Topping Ingredients
4 Slices of Cheese (your choice of cheese flavors – Cheddar, Swiss, Coby, etc.)
Onion (cooked or raw)
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Combine lightly in mixing bowl raw elk burger meat and Worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir until completed blended together.
- Take raw elk burger meat and form (4) 1/4 pound balls of burger. Gently make balls into patties. Be careful to not overwork or pound the burger meat.
- Place patties in a medium to large well-oiled hot frying pan. Cook each pattie for apx. 4 minutes on each side. *Flipping only once. The USDA recommends that burger meat be cooked to 165°Fahrenheit. You can check the internal temperature of the burger using a meat thermometer.
- Place your fully cooking elk burgers on their buns and top with your choice of optional condiments and sides.
- Wild Game meat is lean. So, when you are flipping it too much during the cooking process. It can cause the elk patties to fall apart.
- Mixing beef fat into the elk burger meat helps to add flavor. As well, it keeps the elk meat juicy and moist.
Serve and Enjoy.