These Elk Burgers have become our new ultimate wild game comfort food.
They are easy to prepare and cook – making them a great wild game meal the entire family will enjoy eating. The wild game burgers are the perfect grab and go food for your next backyard grill out.
1 lb Ground Elk with beef fat
¼ cup Beef fat
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Seasoning salt
½ tsp Garlic powder
½ tsp Course Ground Black Pepper
4 Hamburger Buns
Optional Burger Topping Ingredients
4 Slices of Cheese (your choice of cheese flavors – Cheddar, Swiss, Coby, etc.)
Onion (cooked or raw)
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Combine lightly in mixing bowl raw elk burger meat and Worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir until completed blended together.
- Take raw elk burger meat and form (4) 1/4 pound balls of burger. Gently make balls into patties. Be careful to not overwork or pound the burger meat.
- Place patties in a medium to large well-oiled hot frying pan. Cook each pattie for apx. 4 minutes on each side. *Flipping only once. The USDA recommends that burger meat be cooked to 165°Fahrenheit. You can check the internal temperature of the burger using a meat thermometer.
- Place your fully cooking elk burgers on their buns and top with your choice of optional condiments and sides.
- Wild Game meat is lean. So, when you are flipping it too much during the cooking process. It can cause the elk patties to fall apart.
- Mixing beef fat into the elk burger meat helps to add flavor. As well, it keeps the elk meat juicy and moist.
Serve and Enjoy.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest outdoor news, gear reviews, or an exclusive offer from our partners. Just add your email address in the form below and click subscribe.