Our Creamy Venison Stroganoff is a classic pasta dish that is not only easy to cook. But, very hearty and enjoyable to eat.
This easy venison stroganoff meal features thinly sliced tender venison paired with mushrooms and onions in a creamy sauce. Serve it over egg noodles and it’s the perfect wild game recipe that makes an easy venison meal.
1 ½ lbs Venison Steak, cut in thin strips
3 tbsp Flour
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
3 tbsp Butter or Margarine
2 cups Mushrooms, sliced
1 l Onion, sliced
¼ cup Flour
2 cups Beef Broth
¼ White Wine
⅛ cup Tomato Paste
2 cups Sour Cream
1 Egg Noodles, cooked (16 oz Bag)
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Mix 3 tablespoons flour, salt, and pepper; add venison strips and roll to coat.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add venison and cook over medium-high heat until browned.
- Once, meat is fully cooked. Remove meat and add mushrooms and onions to the same skillet. Allow cooking until mushrooms soften and onions become tender to cut.
- Stir in remaining flour. Add broth, wine and tomato paste, and stir.
- Return the venison to the skillet and simmer gently for about 10 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve the venison stroganoff over hot cooked egg noodles.
*Optional Step(s) See Below
Cooking Egg Noodles
- Fill a 4 qt soup pot 3/4 full of water, add a couple of dashes of salt and 2 tsp cooking oil and bring to boil.
- Add an entire 16oz bag of egg noodles to boiling water.
- Allow egg noodles to cook fully. About 7-9 minutes.
- Add the sour cream to the mixture and stir until well mixed. (sour cream can be added to each individual serving, as desired.
Serve & Enjoy.
Subscribe To Hunting Magazine for Free
Subscribe to the Hunting Magazine and get weekly hunting news, hunting tips, and wild game reviews delivered to your inbox weekly from our team.