Recipe: Pheasant Casserole
Summary: Wild Pheasant Casserole
- 6 ounces mini lasagna noodles (cooked according to package directions and drained)
- 3 cups cooked pheasant, cut in bite-sized pieces.
- 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Chicken bouillon granules
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup green or mixed green and red peppers, chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup crushed potato chips, or bread crumbs, or cracked wheat
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine noodles, pheasant, soup, milk, cheese, mushrooms, garlic, bouillon, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté celery, peppers and onion until tender-crisp.
- Add to the pheasant mixture.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking oil and spoon in the mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with crushed chips, bread crumbs, or cracked wheat.
- Bake for about ½ hour.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest outdoor news, gear reviews, or an exclusive offer from our partners. Just add your email address in the form below and click subscribe.