Nothing Can Really Beat a Yummy, Steamy Bowl of Chipotle Black Bean Venison Chili on a Cool Winter’s Day.
This super quick and easy to make, venison chili recipe is flavor packed and delicious. All you have to do is just add the ingredients into your dutch oven or cook it on you Stovetop in a large saucepan until its completely done. Eitherway, you decide to cook it – this wild game chili recipe will have everyone coming in from the deer woods looking for a second helping.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 60-70 minutes
- 1/2 pound of diced or cubed venison
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (28 ounces) no-salt added canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup canned pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup no-salt-added canned chicken broth
- 1 can no-salt-added canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (12 1/2 ounces) no-salt-added chicken, drained
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- salt, to taste
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- lime wedges, for serving
- In a Dutch oven, or large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Add your diced or cubed venison. Cook venison meat until fully cooked.
- Add onions, celery, jalapenos, garlic, cumin, oregano and pepper. Cook, stirring, 5-8 minutes, or until vegetables soften. Add tomato paste and cook 2 minutes.
- Add cooked venison to already cooked ingredients from step #2
- Add tomatoes, pumpkin puree, chicken broth, black beans, chicken, chipotles and brown sugar. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour, or until chili thickens. Add salt, to taste.
- Garnish with green onions and serve with lime wedges.
Tip: Add preferred canned beans, such as white kidney beans, pinto or Romano beans, in place of or in addition to black beans.