Are you tired of eating your turkey the same’ol way hunting season after hunting season? Well, if you’re tired of eating the same wild game dishes like we are – we have a treat for you.
Give this ‘Wild Turkey-Potato Dinner Wrap Recipe’ a try and mix-up your dinner table.
So, when busy weeknights after work leave you with little opportunity for creative cooking, gather your hungry family around the dinner table with this simple wild game recipe that is packed with tasty and wholesome flavors. This wild game recipe only requires about 15 – 20 minutes of prep and 15 – 20 minutes of cooking time. So, in roughly about 30 – 40 minuites you can be enjoying a delicious new take on the wild game you harvest this hunting season. So, get into the kitchen and start cooking up an enjoyable wild game meal that the entire family will love.
Wild Turkey-Potato Dinner Wrap
- 3/4 pound Russet potatoes* cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 pound ground lean turkey
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 1 can Tomato sauce 8 ounce can
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried Italian herb seasoning or basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large whole wheat or high fiber tortillas
- 1 light sour cream
- Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl; sprinkle with water. Cover, venting one corner. Microwave on HIGH 5 to 8 minutes just until potatoes are tender. (Time will depend on wattage of your oven.)
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add and break up turkey; cook 5 minutes, tossing occasionally. Mix in carrot; cook 2 minutes. Add potatoes and onions; cook and toss 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; mix in tomato sauce, cheese, and herbs.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes until mixture is hot and most of sauce is absorbed. Season with salt and pepper. On work surface, lay out tortillas. Place 3/4 cup hot turkey mixture on each; fold and roll up as for burritos.
- Cut in halves and place on serving plates. Accompany with sour cream, if desired.