A Mexican food dish recipe made with an All American Favorite – Wild Turkey.
This Wild Turkey recipe is an easy dish to make that you can even get your kids to help in the kitchen.
Wild Turkey Burritos
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions sliced
- 2 bell peppers preferably 1 red and 1 yellow, seeded, sliced
- 4 cups diced leftover cooked wild turkey meat
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 8- ounce package grated Mexican 4-cheese blend about 2 cups
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and bell peppers; saute until tender and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Add turkey, salsa, and cumin; stir until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and cilantro; season generously with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, heat the tortilla directly over a medium-high gas flame (or in a dry skillet over medium-high heat) until warm, softened, and browned in spots, about 30 seconds per side.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon 1 cup warm turkey mixture along center of tortilla; fold sides in over filling, then roll up the tortilla to enclose filling.
- Place burrito seam side down on the baking sheet, and place in oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.