Nothing smells like the turkey cooking and nothing makes a better wild game recipe than Turkey in Potato Basket. With hearty ingredients such as, wild turkey (of course), hash brown potatoes, cheddar cheese and salted sweet cream butte you can’t go wrong.
Recipe: Turkey in Potato Basket
Summary: Turkey in Potato Basket
This Wild Turkey recipe dish will completely surprise your taste-buds.
- 4½ cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 1½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups cubed turkey
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, butter, salt and pepper.
- Press into 6 greased, 10 oz custards cups. In a saucepan, sauté onion in butter.
- Add flour, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce and basil.
- Stir in milk, bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add chicken, cheese and peas.
- Spoon into prepared crusts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 – 35 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest outdoor news, gear reviews, or an exclusive offer from our partners. Just add your email address in the form below and click subscribe.