From the woods to the table venison hot dogs make for an extraordinarily meaty dinner recipe that is not only flavorful. But, it is sure to be a grilled addition everyone is sure to love.
Grilled Venison Hot Dogs on Homemade Hoagies
Cook time: 22 minutes
- 1 package Venison Hot Dogs
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 scallion stocks
- 16 hamburger Pickle Chips
- 1/4 cup bottled hickory or spicy barbecue sauce
- ketchup and mayonnaise
- 4 homemade hoagie style hot dog buns or sub similar rolls of your choice, split
- Heat grill to medium-high heat and oil cooking grates.
- Grill each venison hot dog, cut yellow onion into slices cook, cook covered, 5 minutes. Turn; continue grilling, covered, 5 minutes, or until the venison hot dogs are heated through and the onion slices are cooked tender.
- Brush barbecue sauce over each venison hot dog and over the grilled onion. Arrange rolls, cut-sides, place face down, around edges of grill. Continue grilling, covered, 2 minutes, or until rolls are lightly toasted. Chop the grilled onion slices into small pieces.
- Chop Scallion stocks into pieces
- Serve grilled venison hot dog and vegetables in rolls. (see recipe photo)
Give the "Big Bucks Coffee Cup” deer coffee mug to that special man, father, grandfather, son, or boyfriend in your life.