From the woods to the table venison hot dogs make for an extraordinarily meaty dinner recipe that is not only flavorful. But, it is sure to be a grilled addition everyone is sure to love.
Grilled Venison Hot Dogs on Homemade Hoagies
Cook time: 22 minutes
- 1 package Venison Hot Dogs
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 scallion stocks
- 16 hamburger Pickle Chips
- 1/4 cup bottled hickory or spicy barbecue sauce
- ketchup and mayonnaise
- 4 homemade hoagie style hot dog buns or sub similar rolls of your choice, split
- Heat grill to medium-high heat and oil cooking grates.
- Grill each venison hot dog, cut yellow onion into slices cook, cook covered, 5 minutes. Turn; continue grilling, covered, 5 minutes, or until the venison hot dogs are heated through and the onion slices are cooked tender.
- Brush barbecue sauce over each venison hot dog and over the grilled onion. Arrange rolls, cut-sides, place face down, around edges of grill. Continue grilling, covered, 2 minutes, or until rolls are lightly toasted. Chop the grilled onion slices into small pieces.
- Chop Scallion stocks into pieces
- Serve grilled venison hot dog and vegetables in rolls. (see recipe photo)
We’ve Found Several Offers - We Think You'd Like to Check Out Below.