A fisherman’s catch with every plateful is what you get when you cook the wild game recipe of Almond Crusted Walleye. Lightly battered walleye fillets, pan-fried to a perfect golden brown, lightly salted to taste and you have a meal fit for the hardest to please diners.
Recipe: Almond Crusted Walleye
Summary: Savory Fried Walleye Fillets with Almond Crusted Coating
- 1 or more walleye or saugeye fillet
- ½ cup almond meal (ground almonds
- Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter (divided)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 fresh peach or pear, sliced
- Splash of dry white wine (sauvignon blanc, chardonnay, etc.)
- Mix the almond meal with a little panko and the salt and pepper.
- Place fish fillet in egg wash then roll in almond meal/panko mixture.
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp canola oil in a pan over medium low heat, then add fish and sauté about 4 minutes per side (depending on thickness).
- Remove the walleye to paper towels, turn heat to medium high and add the sliced fruit.
- Stir and fry for a minute then add 2 Tbsp butter to sauce and cook until butter browns.
- Add wine & reduce.
- Place fish fillet on plate surrounded by fruit and drizzled with sauce.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Give the "Big Bucks Coffee Cup” deer coffee mug to that special man, father, grandfather, son, or boyfriend in your life.