A fisherman’s catch with every plateful is what you get when you cook the wild game recipe of Almond Crusted Walleye. Lightly battered walleye fillets, pan-fried to a perfect golden brown, lightly salted to taste and you have a meal fit for the hardest to please diners.
Recipe: Almond Crusted Walleye
Summary: Savory Fried Walleye Fillets with Almond Crusted Coating
- 1 or more walleye or saugeye fillet
- ½ cup almond meal (ground almonds
- Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter (divided)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 fresh peach or pear, sliced
- Splash of dry white wine (sauvignon blanc, chardonnay, etc.)
- Mix the almond meal with a little panko and the salt and pepper.
- Place fish fillet in egg wash then roll in almond meal/panko mixture.
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp canola oil in a pan over medium low heat, then add fish and sauté about 4 minutes per side (depending on thickness).
- Remove the walleye to paper towels, turn heat to medium high and add the sliced fruit.
- Stir and fry for a minute then add 2 Tbsp butter to sauce and cook until butter browns.
- Add wine & reduce.
- Place fish fillet on plate surrounded by fruit and drizzled with sauce.
Number of servings (yield): 2
We’ve Found Several Offers - We Think You'd Like to Check Out Below.
Subscribe To Hunting Magazine for Free
Subscribe to the Hunting Magazine and get weekly hunting news, hunting tips, and wild game reviews delivered to your inbox weekly from our team.