This Wild Game Pot Pie recipe isn’t difficult to prepare and make.
Its a very simple mixture of a variety of cooked wild game meats duck, turkey, dove, squirrel, rabbit, or pheasant and some veggies topped with a thick and creamy sauce. All of this flavored with cooked onion, salt, pepper, and other seasonings.
1 lb Cooked Duck, Turkey, Dove, Squirrel, Rabbit, or Pheasant
1 Can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz Sour cream
1 Bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
3 Medium potatoes
1 Tube croissants rolls, or 1 pie crust
1 Small onion
1 Small can of mushrooms
Salt and pepper to taste
- In order to make clean up easier, you can line your Dutch oven with aluminum foil.
- Peel and cube potatoes. Boil until done.
- In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the croissant rolls or pie crust.
- Pour mixture into Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven. Place croissant dough or pie crust over the top of the mixture. Cut slits in crust for steam to escape. Place lid on the Dutch oven. Place oven over 10 briquettes and place 18 briquettes on the lid.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until crust is golden and the mixture is bubbling. If baking in a home oven set the oven to the recommended temperature for the crust.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest outdoor news, gear reviews, or an exclusive offer from our partners. Just add your email address in the form below and click subscribe.