Wild Game Recipe: Simple Venison Jerky
1/2 – 1 lb. Lean Venison Meat (Thinly Sliced or Thick-Sliced)
3 T. liquid smoke
1 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. garlic powder
3 c. cold water
- Cut meat into ¼ -inch strips.
- Combine water and seasonings in a large bowl.
- Add meat strips. Marinate for 12 hours. Drain marinade.
- Arrange meat on oven rack.
- Bake in preheated 200-degree oven with door ajar for 2 hours. Or until dry. The oven must be left ajar to allow moisture to escape
Learn More About Items Used For This Recipe by Clicking Images
Subscribe To Hunting Magazine for Free
Subscribe to the Hunting Magazine and get weekly hunting news, hunting tips, and wild game reviews delivered to your inbox weekly from our team.