Our family favorite Venison Meatloaf has to be one of the best venison meatloaf recipes “Bar None!”
Give the family a wild game delight, try our venison meatloaf. It’s super easy to prepare and even easier to eat.
1 1/2 lb venison, ground 3/4 c milk
1 pk Lipton’s onion soup mix
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 c bread crumbs (soft)
1/4 c catsup
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp prepared mustard (Coleman’s)
4 sl jack cheese
Can be Severed with this Optional Sidedish
POPPY SEED NOODLES
1/2 lb egg noodles (3 cups), -uncooked
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 c half-and-half
1/2 c jack cheese, grated
1 tsp poppy seeds
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Lightly oil a 9-inch ring mold.
- Combine milk, onion soup mix, egg, and bread crumbs. Let stand until the mixture is mushy.
- Combine mixture with ground venison. Shape into the mold and turn out onto the baking pan. (You can do this with any meatloaf: very pretty and easy to slice).
- Combine the catsup, brown sugar, and prepared mustard.
- Brush mixture onto the loaf.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 40 minutes, brushing with catsup mixture once more during baking.
- Remove loaf from the oven and arrange Jack cheese slices over loaf.
- Bake about 5 minutes longer until cheese is melted.
- Slide onto a serving plate.
- Fill center with Poppy Seed Noodles.
POPPY SEED NOODLES:
Cook the noodles according to directions on the package, or until tender. Drain well. Toss with butter, half-and-half, and Jack cheese. Sprinkle on the poppy seeds and toss well to mix.
Serve and Enjoy.