Our family favorite Venison Meatloaf has to be one of the best venison meatloaf recipes “Bar None!”
Give the family a wild game delight, try our venison meatloaf. It’s super easy to prepare and even easier to eat.
1 1/2 lb venison, ground 3/4 c milk
1 pk Lipton’s onion soup mix
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 c bread crumbs (soft)
1/4 c catsup
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp prepared mustard (Coleman’s)
4 sl jack cheese
Can be Severed with this Optional Sidedish
POPPY SEED NOODLES
1/2 lb egg noodles (3 cups), -uncooked
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 c half-and-half
1/2 c jack cheese, grated
1 tsp poppy seeds
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Lightly oil a 9-inch ring mold.
- Combine milk, onion soup mix, egg, and bread crumbs. Let stand until the mixture is mushy.
- Combine mixture with ground venison. Shape into the mold and turn out onto the baking pan. (You can do this with any meatloaf: very pretty and easy to slice).
- Combine the catsup, brown sugar, and prepared mustard.
- Brush mixture onto the loaf.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 40 minutes, brushing with catsup mixture once more during baking.
- Remove loaf from the oven and arrange Jack cheese slices over loaf.
- Bake about 5 minutes longer until cheese is melted.
- Slide onto a serving plate.
- Fill center with Poppy Seed Noodles.
POPPY SEED NOODLES:
Cook the noodles according to directions on the package, or until tender. Drain well. Toss with butter, half-and-half, and Jack cheese. Sprinkle on the poppy seeds and toss well to mix.
Serve and Enjoy.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest outdoor news, gear reviews, or an exclusive offer from our partners. Just add your email address in the form below and click subscribe.