This Venison Roast is one of the best venison roast recipes for your wild game meat.
This venison roast is easy to prepare and even easier to cook. Not to mention that venison roasts are a wonderful wild game meal; whether your cooking up a venison roast for a family or holiday gathering, there’s rarely anything left for seconds – so forget about having any leftovers!
1 ea Deer Roast
4 tbsp Peanut Oil
1 ea Onion, Chopped
2 ea Garlic Clove, Minced
4 tbsp Flour
1 c Beef Broth
1 ea Tomato, Peeled and Chopped
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Tarragon
1 Salt & Pepper to Taste
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Cook deer over hot charcoal for 3-4 hours, basting often with the marinade, but reserving one cup for the sauce.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes and sprinkle on flour.
- Cook and stir over moderate heat for 15 minutes or until flour is brown.
- Stir in the broth and reserved cup of marinade and bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Add tomato and herbs. Simmer one hour.
- Add seasonings to taste. Serve with meat.
Serve and Enjoy.