A venison lover’s dream come true! This Easy Crockpot Venison Stew recipe will have you set and ready to go in no time at all.
This crockpot venison stew is a delicious, easy meal that you can set and forget when cooking.
’tis its perfect for busy days because all it takes to make this dish are some ingredients from your cupboard! All of the steps involved in making Crockpot Venison Stew require very little effort on behalf of you–just throw everything into one pot after preparing.
Country Style Venison Stew
- 2 lb venison steak
- 1/2 lb bacon or salt pork
- 4 tb flour
- 6 c water or beef stock
- 1 lg tomato chopped
- 2 md carrots sliced
- 2 md stalks celery sliced
- 2 md potatoes in 1 cubes
- 1 dozen small white onions
- 1 tb chopped parsley
- 1 c fresh green peas
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Cut bacon into 1" cubes and saute in large saucepan until lightly browned.
- Remove and set aside.
- Cut venison into 1 1/2 or 2" pieces and brown over high heat in 4 T bacon drippings.
- Stir in flour.
- Lower heat and let brown 2-3 minutes, stirring several times.
- Add liquid and let it simmer 1 hour or more until venison begins to get tender, add more liquid as necessary.
- Add all the other ingredients, except peas, and continue to simmer to make a thick stew.
- Simmer peas in a separate pan until done.
- Strain and spoon over or around stew when served.
Subscribe To Hunting Magazine for Free
Subscribe to the Hunting Magazine and get weekly hunting news, hunting tips, and wild game reviews delivered to your inbox weekly from our team.