Cheese & Bacon Topped Grilled Wild Turkey Breast
Looking for a new way to cook-up your wild game? Try this tasty wild game recipes – Cheese & Bacon Topped Grilled Wild Turkey Breast its an amazingly delicious wild game recipe. You can even wrap the wild turkey into a tortilla shell, cutting it to size for dipping and serving it with your choice of dipping sauces – ranch, bbq or something spicy. The choice is yours – get creative with it!
Cheese Topped Wild Turkey with the smoky favor of bacon
- ½ cup of Dijon mustard
- ½ cup of Honey
- 4½ tsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless wild turkey breast halves
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 pepper
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, partially cooked
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine the mustard, honey, 1½ tsp of oil and lemon juice, ½ cup into a large resealed plastic bag; and the turkey.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hrs.
- Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the turkey in remaining oil on all sides.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and transfer to a greased baking dish.
- In same skillet, sauté the mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Spoon the remaining marinade over turkey, top with cheeses and mushrooms.
- Place bacon strips in a crisscross pattern over turkey.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Alternative Serving Notes: You can always serve your grill turkey breast in other ways. Such as, wrapping it into a tortilla shell, cutting it to size for dipping and serving it with your choice of dipping sauces – ranch, bbq or something spicy.
Preparation time: 2 hour(s)
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4