From the woods to the table venison hot dogs make for an extraordinarily meaty dinner recipe that is not only flavorful. But, it is sure to be a grilled addition everyone is sure to love.
1 Package of Venison Hot Dogs
1 Yellow Onion (Chopped)
4 Scallion Stocks (diced)
16 Hamburger Pickle Chips
¼ cup Bottled Hickory or Spicy Barbecue Sauce
Ketchup (to taste)
Mayonnaise (to taste)
4 Homemade Hoagie Style Split Hot Dog Buns (Sub similar rolls of your choice)
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Heat grill to medium-high heat and oil cooking grates.
- Grill each venison hot dog, cut the yellow onion into slices cook, cook covered, 5 minutes.
- Turn; continue grilling, covered, 5 minutes, or until the venison hot dogs are heated through and the onion slices are cooked tender.
- Brush Orginal Flavor Bone Doctors’ barbecue sauce over each venison hot dog and over the grilled onion.
- Arrange rolls, cut-sides, place face down, around edges of grill. Continue grilling, covered, 2 minutes, or until rolls are lightly toasted.
- Chop the grilled onion slices into small pieces.
- Chop Scallion stocks into pieces.
- Assemble and Serve grilled venison hot dog and vegetables in rolls. (see recipe photo)
Serve & Enjoy.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest outdoor news, gear reviews, or an exclusive offer from our partners. Just add your email address in the form below and click subscribe.