From the woods to the table venison hot dogs make for an extraordinarily meaty dinner recipe that is not only flavorful. But, it is sure to be a grilled addition everyone is sure to love.
1 Package of Venison Hot Dogs
1 Yellow Onion (Chopped)
4 Scallion Stocks (diced)
16 Hamburger Pickle Chips
¼ cup Bottled Hickory or Spicy Barbecue Sauce
Ketchup (to taste)
Mayonnaise (to taste)
4 Homemade Hoagie Style Split Hot Dog Buns (Sub similar rolls of your choice)
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Heat grill to medium-high heat and oil cooking grates.
- Grill each venison hot dog, cut the yellow onion into slices cook, cook covered, 5 minutes.
- Turn; continue grilling, covered, 5 minutes, or until the venison hot dogs are heated through and the onion slices are cooked tender.
- Brush Orginal Flavor Bone Doctors’ barbecue sauce over each venison hot dog and over the grilled onion.
- Arrange rolls, cut-sides, place face down, around edges of grill. Continue grilling, covered, 2 minutes, or until rolls are lightly toasted.
- Chop the grilled onion slices into small pieces.
- Chop Scallion stocks into pieces.
- Assemble and Serve grilled venison hot dog and vegetables in rolls. (see recipe photo)
Serve & Enjoy.