In our opinion this is the best roast duck recipe. As well, its the best way to cook duck.
So, if you’re not a fan of cooking wild duck this easy to make and even easier to eat roast duck recipe will have you cooking duck more often. All you have to do is just following our simple roast duck recipe via our simple step-by-step roast duck recipe and you will be eating some of the best roast duck
Wild Game Recipe: Holiday Roast Wild Duck
1 lg. duck or 2 mallards
2 chopped carrots
½ c. vinegar
2 chopped apples
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 carrots, cut up
2 med chopped potatoes
2 T. salt
½ c. water
½ c. cranberries
Rice, baked potatoes or baked sweet potatoes
2 strips bacon (opt.)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Soak the duck(s) in marinade of vinegar, garlic, salt and enough cold water to cover.
- Marinate overnight.
- Season with salt and pepper inside and out.
- Brown well in lightly oiled skillet, to remove excess fat.
- Stuff each cavity with chopped potatoes, carrots, apples and cranberries. This stuffing, discarded after cooking, absorbs unwanted fat and wild flavor.
- Place 2 cup-up carrots in bottom of crock-pot to act as a rack for duck(s).
- Put stuffed duck(s) in pot.
- Add ½ cup water.
- Cover in a cast iron skillet or oven safe baking dish, cook on high for 2 hours, then turn to low and cook for 8 hours. Before serving, remove chopped, vegetables from each cavity.
- Serve with rice, baked potatoes, or baked sweet potatoes.
- If duck has been skinned, pin 2 strips of bacon across each breast and place under broiler for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Learn More About Items Used For This Recipe by Clicking Images
Give the "Big Bucks Coffee Cup” deer coffee mug to that special man, father, grandfather, son, or boyfriend in your life.