The secret to any good pasta dish is the protein. So, give your next pasta dish a jump start by making it with wild game – venison.
This venison meatballs with tomato sauce wild game recipe are not only easy to make, but it’s also quick.
1 lb. venison burger
2 T. cornstarch
1 pkg. saltine crackers
Thyme to taste, Crushed
Marjoram to taste
1 T. garlic powder
Garlic powder to taste
1 tsp. salt, Salt to taste
¼ tsp. pepper, Pepper to taste
1 med. onion
Garlic to taste
1 qt. tomato juice
1. In a large bowl, mix together the venison burger, crushed crackers, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and onion.
2. When you have these ingredients well mixed, make into ping pong ball-size balls.
3. Put in a skillet with a small amount of vegetable oil. Cook the meatballs until well browned on the outside and cooked in the middle. Then drain grease out of the skillet.
4. Add ¾ of the tomato juice and other spices to your taste. Let simmer about 30 minutes.
5. Then take out the remaining tomato juice and cornstarch. Mix well. Add the sauce and cook until thickened.
6. Pour over your favorite cooked pasta.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest outdoor news, gear reviews, or an exclusive offer from our partners. Just add your email address in the form below and click subscribe.