A Quick Flavorful Pulled Venison BBQ Sandwich That’s Sure to Be a Family Favorite
If you struggle to make new, exciting recipes with your venison your not alone. Many folks make mealtime happen by turning to their old family favorite recipes. However, the Hunting Magazine Chef’s have been fast preparing some tasty awesome new wild game recipes for our readers.
We want to provide you with wild game recipes that will have your kids begging for seconds and that will bring everyone together at the table. For example, these Quick Flavorful Venison BBQ Sandwiches are sure to be one of your new family favorite recipes.
Quick Pulled Venison BBQ Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 pound venison roast
- 2-3 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika or smoky spice rub
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup water
- 6 ounces barbecue sauce
- Stud venison roast with cloves and rub with seasoning blend.
- Place roast in slow cooker and top with onions. Cover venison roast with water and slow cook 8-10 hours.
- Remove venison roast, discard cloves then drain fat and water. Allow venison roast to cool then shred by hand or with fork.
- Return venison meat to pot and add barbecue sauce. Heat 1-2 hours. Serve alone or on roll.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest outdoor news, gear reviews, or an exclusive offer from our partners. Just add your email address in the form below and click subscribe.