More than a humble Pheasant Wild Rice Casserole Recipe, this pheasant-infused wild rice dish is sure to bewitch your taste buds.
Enjoy its divine flavor and reap the nutritional benefits of each wholesome ingredient!
Pheasant Wild Rice Casserole
Let your taste buds take flight with this decadent Pheasant Wild Rice Casserole Recipe! This savory dish is sure to tantalize even the most discerning palate. So it's time to get creative in the kitchen and whip up a delicious dinner everyone will love!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Lrg onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 pheasants cooked and shredded
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked wild rice, pheasants, stock, black pepper, nutmeg, and thyme. Simmer for 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir in the mushrooms, peas and parsley. Pour into the prepared baking dish then drizzle with melted butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Serve warm. Enjoy!
- Let the casserole cool for 10 minutes before serving to allow flavors to develop. Enjoy!