A Hunter Safety Education course will be hosted at Crex Meadows State Wildlife in March for anyone looking to experience hunting in Wisconsin.
Class dates and times, and requirements are as follows:
- Monday, March 27 through Friday, March 31 – 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 1 – 9-11:00 a.m. (instruction at Grantsburg Rod and Gun Club April 1).
- This course is limited to 25 participants and costs $10
- Pre-registration is required. \
- Registration must be completed online via the Go Wild system at GoWild.wi.gov.
- Completion of hunter safety education is required to purchase any hunting license in Wisconsin for anyone born on or after Jan. 1, 1973.
All Wisconsin recreational safety students are required to obtain a Wisconsin DNR Customer ID Number when registering for a safety education
class and must provide that number to their instructor. You can obtain a DNR Customer ID Number by calling the DNR customer service from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. at 1-888-936-7463 online at GoWild.wi.gov.
Interested in giving back? Become a hunter safety education volunteer instructor
Consider becoming a volunteer instructor to teach hunter education course safety, ethics, and responsibility. Volunteers are motivated people who have an interest in recreational safety and who are willing to donate a few hours of their time each year to teach safety education classes.
For more information regarding courses and volunteer opportunities, contact Lauren Finch, DNR wildlife conservation educator and technician at 715-463-2739.
Wildlife conservation education programs are supported by Friends of Crex. For more information, visit www.crexmeadows.org [EXIT DNR] or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Crex Meadows State Wildlife Area is located at 102 East Crex Ave., Grantsburg. As a reminder, please report Crex Meadows wildlife observations via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.