Y’all. We all know that when the deer hunting season is over its time for some venison recipes. Let’s get things kicked off with this simple and yummy venison recipe. There’s nothing fancy, just a simple, flavorful, comforting wild game recipe!
20 Minute Venison Hamburger Skillet Stew
1/4 lb Lean ground beef
1 lg Onion, sliced wafer-thin
4 Carrots, sliced wafer-thin
Potatoes,halved, sliced wafer-thin
Ribs celery, sliced wafer-thin
1c Boiling water
2t Beef extract OR bouillon
2 Bay leaves
1/4 t Dried thyme
Salt OR garlic salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
1/4 c Dry red wine – or tomato juice
2 T All purpose flour
- Use melon baller and shape meat into tiny meatballs.
- Brown in skillet. Discard any fat.
- Stir onion into skillet and cook 1 min.
- Add boiling water or broth and extract or bouillon.
- Add remaining veggies, seasonings.
- Cover, cook over low heat, 15 mins until vegs are tender.
- Combine wine or water and flour in covered jar.
- Shake and stir into skillet.
- Cook and stir until sauce is thick, 4 mins