This savory wild pheasant casserole recipe combines lasagna noodles, fresh green and red bell peppers with cream soup mix, and pheasant to make the ultimate wild game casserole dish that is warming and filling on chilly fall and cold winter nights.
6 oz Mini Lasagna Noodles (cooked according to package directions and drained)
3 cups Cooked Pheasant, cut in bite-sized pieces.
1 Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Celery Soup (reg. size can)
1 ¼ cups Milk
1 Sliced Mushrooms (canned)
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 tsp Minced Garlic
1 tsp Chicken Bouillon Granules
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 cup Celery, diced
1 cup Green or Mixed Green and Red Peppers, chopped
½ cup Chopped Onion
1 cup Crushed Potato Chips, or Bread Crumbs, or Cracked Wheat
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine noodles, pheasant, soup, milk, cheese, mushrooms, garlic, bouillon, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté celery, peppers, and onion until tender-crisp.
- Add to the pheasant mixture.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking oil and spoon in the mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with crushed chips, bread crumbs, or cracked wheat.
- Bake for about ½ hour or until done. Noddles, pheasant meat should be fully cooked.
Serve & Enjoy.