Recipe: Wild Turkey Burritos
A Mexican food dish recipe made with an All American Favorite – Wild Turkey. This Wild Turkey recipe is an easy dish to make that you can even get your kids help in the kitchen.
Summary: Savory Wild Turkey Burritos
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- • 2 red onions, sliced
- • 2 bell peppers (preferably 1 red and 1 yellow), seeded, sliced
- • 4 cups diced leftover cooked wild turkey meat
- • 3/4 cup salsa
- • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- • 1 8-ounce package grated Mexican 4-cheese blend (about 2 cups)
- • 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- • 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell peppers; saute until tender and golden, about 15 minutes. Add turkey, salsa and cumin; stir until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in cheese and cilantro; season generously with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, heat tortilla directly over medium-high gas flame (or in dry skillet over medium-high heat) until warm, softened, and browned in spots, about 30 seconds per side. Remove from heat.
- Spoon 1 cup warm turkey mixture along center of tortilla; fold sides in over filling, then roll up tortilla to enclose filling. Place burrito seam side down on baking sheet, and place in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Makes 6 servings
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Special Notes: You can add any other ingredients to your Turkey Burritos. Just enjoy them and get creative with your dish.