Recipe: Pheasant Casserole
Summary: Wild Pheasant Casserole
- 6 ounces mini lasagna noodles (cooked according to package directions and drained)
- 3 cups cooked pheasant, cut in bite-sized pieces.
- 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Chicken bouillon granules
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup green or mixed green and red peppers, chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup crushed potato chips, or bread crumbs, or cracked wheat
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine noodles, pheasant, soup, milk, cheese, mushrooms, garlic, bouillon, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté celery, peppers and onion until tender-crisp.
- Add to the pheasant mixture.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking oil and spoon in the mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with crushed chips, bread crumbs, or cracked wheat.
- Bake for about ½ hour.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)